Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Fall Themed Sensory Fun

I'm a huge advocate of sensory play.  I try to always have numerous sensory activities available for my two to enjoy.  A fabulous explanation on the benefits of sensory play, with ideas, can be found here.   The two activities I posted about today are simple to create - most use items around the house or which can be found at your local dollar/discount store.  They provide hours of creative play for your little ones as well.  Sounds like a win:win to me! 

Tomorrow we'll have two new sensory activities that are related to the season of fall.  First is our sensory tote. The filler for this tote is popcorn kernels and inside are all things fall: pumpkins, acorns, leaves, scarecrows. A simple walk through the Dollar Tree, Michaels, or JoAnns will provide you with numerous low cost items to make your own tote.


Totes are easy to put together ,but I know I can always use some inspiration.  Here are some ideas for an autumn sensory tote:






We also will have a new play dough set up.  For the past year I've been making my own play-dough.  I love to add scent and color to it and let me tell you this Pumpkin Pie play-dough smell delcious.  The recipe is easy to follow- in fact the Owl and I made it together today.  I wanted it to come out orange, but I'm pretty sure our pumpkin pie spice took over with the coloring.  Either way my two are going to love it! 



I've included some fall cookie cutters, some rolling pins and 4 plastic pumpkin cups of embellishments: foam leaves, mini pumpkins, fall table scatter, and fall themed confetti.  I can't wait to see their creations!






No comments:

Post a Comment