Last month, our group did much larger busy bag exchange, but for the felt food I decided to keep the group smaller. There were 11 mamas in the group. We each made a different type of food.
The rules were simple:
1. Once you commit to coming you must come!
2. Create 11 of the same product.
3. Pick one food type to make. This may be a group of food ( breakfast, sandwich, pizza, etc.) or a single food item.
4. You must have at least 3 pieces in what you are going to exchange with each person. So you can have a three piece set or 3 of one food item.
5. Put together the quality of food you want to receive in return.
6. Have fun!
Make your own pizza - with a huge bag of pizza toppings to go with it. I think we'll be having playing pizza parlor soon!
We had a bakery set of baguette, doughnuts, and a frosted sugar cookie.
Adorable strawberries and a pancake with syrup and butter.
Raviolis - perfect for soup or a bowl of pasta!
Tea anyone? Tea bag, scone with cream and jam and a lemon slice!
Chocolate, strawberry or vanilla - your choice! Perfect treat for a warm summer day!
Bow tie pasta and sauce - my little ones will love making one of their favorite meals.
Apple, watermelon, and banana slices -let's make a fruit salad!
Chinese food - all packaged in a take-out container and chopsticks!
Bag of ruffled chips - now I may need to sew up a sandwich to go with it!
Fortune cookies - with their very own sweet sayings inside.
I was amazed at the love and creativity that went into all of the food - and glad that all I needed to do was master my chips and bags! Owl and Sassy Sis loved waking up to a buffet of new felt food waiting for them this morning!