Friday, January 13, 2012

Setting the Table

Growing independence in my children is important.
We strive on responsibility and routine in this house.
Today, after coming in from outside, Owl put his snow boots on our boot tray, his hat and mittens in our hat basket and his coat in the closet. OK, it wasn't on a hanger, but still it was in the correct closet and this all happened while I was in another room changing Sassy Sis. Now if I could only get my husband to put his things away like that!

To help Owl help during meal times I recently purchased these:


Owl loved these. Every night he sets his own place at the table and couldn't be more proud. I couldn't be happier that I have a helper!



Tonight we had our weekly dinner with his best friend. Owl proudly set up his place as well as his BF's place. It really was very cute seeing him getting everything ready for his friend at the dinner table.

Setting his place setting tonight.....hmmm, maybe doing the dishes tomorrow night?

No comments:

Post a Comment